In this blog, we will discuss the benefits that nativescript developers can bring to an organization. Also When and how to hire nativescript developers. As the demand for nativescript developers is increasing and recruiting nativescript developers is not an easy task.
We’ve outlined our answers in the rest of this article.
I. Who Is A Nativescript Developer?
Nativescript developers are the people responsible for writing the code and programs to build mobile apps for Android, IOS, and even the Windows Universal Platform. Then optimize codebase sharing across web and mobile apps.
II. Companies Using Nativescript
According to Enlyft.com, there are now at least 947 companies using NativeScript. And NativeScript’s market share in the mobile development category is just over 1%.
Companies that use NativeScript are often concentrated in the United States with a major focus on the Computer Software and Information Technology and Services segment. In addition, the size of these companies is usually falling between 10-50 employees and 1- 10 million dollars in revenue.
Some of the companies that can be mentioned are FinTech Consortium, Beachy, GeekyAnts etc
III. Why Nativescript?
2.1. Top cross-platform mobile app development framework
Apart from NativeScript, there are many similar cross-platform mobile application development frameworks. But what makes it stand apart? Find out here:
2.1.1. React Native
React Native – a framework for building native apps with React is one of the leading cross-platform mobile development frameworks. At the heart of React Native is developer efficiency across all the platforms you care about – learn once, write anywhere. So, developers have to write separately for all platforms. With NativeScript, they can get results faster by sharing code.
However, if your app is big, important, and needs some performance, React Native will be a good choice.
Technologically similar to NativeScript, Xamarin is a leading free, open-source platform that allows developers to build native mobile apps for iOS, Android, and UWP. However, changing the code in Xamarin means having to recompile and reboot the system. Meanwhile, NativeScript does it automatically.
Ionic is an example of a constant process of innovation. Unlike NativeScript, Ionic needs plugins to cover the app in its native form. It relies on WebViews to build interfaces and uses plugins to access the device’s hardware features. However, Ionic is the most budget-friendly framework.
2.2. What makes NativeScript different from others?
As you can see, there are many different cross-platform mobile application development frameworks. But what makes NativeScript so special? The following advantages of Nativescript will be better explained to you.
- It is free and open-source. This means you can contribute to the code and use it however you like, as long as you don’t violate the Apache 2.0 license.
- It allows you to build truly native apps for Android and iOS devices. Each UI (user interface) element that NativeScript presents is translated into its respective native UI elements.
- It allows developers to easily build, deploy, and manage their NativeScript applications through the Telerik platform.
- The latest APIs and UI elements can be immediately used whenever Google or Apple updates their platforms.
- You can almost do anything with the NativeScript CLI. Basic tasks like creating a new project, adding a platform, running on a device, and deploying to a specific platform are covered. Besides, you can also install plugins, debug apps, and upload apps to the app store.
IV. Requirements And Skills For A Nativescript Developers
4.1. Hard Skills
- Skills in programming, developing, and maintaining mobile web code using NativeScript and TypeScript Frameworks
- Ability to understand the requirement and come up with the solution’s design/architecture
- Understanding of build tools for Android and iOS
- Responsible for the coding process, ensuring the technical feasibility and the applications can operate quickly, and easily expand.
- Experience in overall software development. Of which at least 2 years or more in creating Responsive Web Platforms
- Experience with NativeScript using Angular
- Experience with Scrum / Kanban Agile frameworks
- Experience in Unit Testing
- Exposure in SEO, Web Services integration, async, request handling, partial page updates, etc.
- Work with different process tools like Git, SVN, Jenkins, etc.
4.3. Soft Skills
- Communication skill: Communication is an indispensable skill for any job. Good communication will help everyone in the team work more effectively as well as ensure work results.
- Creative and independent thinking: For a developer, being creative, constantly updating information and trends to propose ideas is an extremely necessary thing.
- Responsibility: This is reflected in the developer’s ability to manage work and time. Responsible developers will always ensure the project is completed on schedule.
V. How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Nativescript Developer
The disparity in the cost of living leads to the difference in wages. Even in the same countries, the numbers can vary.
Summarizing numbers from public sources like Glassdoor, Indeed, Djinni and other job portals, the salary of a nativescript developer falls in the range of $80,000-150,000.
Of course, these are averages. So you may encounter higher or lower salaries, but these numbers are a good representation.
VI. Hire Nativescript Developers: In-house Or Outsource
Many companies are faced with the choice of an in-house nativescript developer or an outsourced nativescript developer. Both of these approaches have their own benefits and limitations. Let’s look at the pros and cons of either option.
6.1. In-house native script developer:
- Hiring employees is always beneficial when working in a business. A nativescript developer who works directly for the business will clearly understand the beliefs, values, and expectations of the organization. From there, it is possible to understand deeply the products, customers, and markets of that business.
- Faster process. Using someone who is familiar with all the tools and internal communications saves time and is much more effective, especially when there are project changes.
- High cost. Hiring an internal developer is often more expensive than hiring an external developer. You will have to pay a price when hiring a new developer: taxes, rent, recruitment costs, referrals, and training, etc. Especially, when you only need a service for a short time.
- Searching for a developer usually takes a long time. This can delay your project.
- Lack of available talent. Even if budget isn’t an issue for you, it can be difficult to find a developer who meets your exact requirements when you need them.
- Cost-effective. You only pay for the necessary services without worrying about other costs.
- Larger talent pool. The leading development providers offer nativescript developers with a wide range of expertise and proven experience. So you can easily choose an architecture based on your project needs.
- Save recruiting time. Make sure project progress is started properly.
- New idea. People who have never worked with your company can come up with a lot of new ideas, which can be very useful in the software development field.
- Security risk. Giving information to a stranger while working with an external software architect can put your business at risk.
- Communication obstacles: The difference in languages, and time zones can make the communication process ineffective, affecting the progress of the project.
The choice of outsourcing or in-house depends on the company’s budget, requirements, and the importance of the project at that time.
VII. Interviewing nativescript developers: Steps and Questions
7.1. Step hire nativescript developers
Step 1: Project Objectives
Defining your application’s goals and requirements clearly from the start will help you analyze product timeframes and budgets. From there, setting up the recruitment process is also clearer and more effective.
Step 2: Set project budget
When hiring a nativescript developer, you need to decide your budget, depending on your app development platform – iOS or Android. Spending estimates are essential because it helps you determine how much you need to invest in developing your app and what more you need to develop it. Otherwise, the cost can be greatly inflated.
Step 3: Determine the project time
The time an app takes to market directly determines its success. Therefore, you need to determine the exact time to plan as well as how to recruit nativescript developers, ensuring the project is completed on time.
Step 4: Choose one between a Dedicated Resource and a Freelance Developer
As mentioned, choosing outsource or in-house depends greatly on project goals, time, and budget.
Step 5: Details of recruitment requirements
Based on the initial goal as well as the complexity of the application, the company will make detailed requirements for skills and experience for developers.
Step 6: Recruiting nativescript developers
Contacting companies or websites before just google “nativescript developer around me” will make the search much easier.
At that time, you will easily find reliable, experienced people who fit the company culture or have the skills that the project needs.
7.2. Nativescript Interview Question
During the interview, you should focus more on the candidate’s attitude, working style and soft skills. With expertise, give them a test before the interview, it will save you a lot of time.
The test can be a test about Nativescript, or simply questions related to the experience of using nativescript and how to handle situations depending on the project and company requirements.
With questions during the interview process, you can ask some questions like:
- What is the most challenging project you have ever worked on?
From there, they can see if their approach to problems is creative. Are they afraid of difficulties or afraid of failure?
- Talk about mistakes and criticisms they have received during their work.
From there, it can be seen whether they are confident or humble people. The way they work with people, as well as when faced with a mistake, are they willing to accept and correct it.
- Ask how to work with colleagues on a project.
From there, it can be seen whether they are willing to exchange resources to develop together and learn many new things. Is it appropriate for the company culture?
VIII. How Devlancer Can Help You in Hiring A Nativescript Developer?
DevLancer is a website for developers, everyone is free to share, learn and find all things web development including hiring nativescript developers absolutely FREE.
DevLancer offers more than just programmers. You can search for consultants, developers, QA experts, and testers for a perfect product right on the website.
At DevLancer, our goal is to find you the fastest, most relevant developer possible and help accelerate your project in no time. Here, we always put quality and suitability first.
Let’s start your hiring process with DevLancer now!